This tutorial is depreciated, please follow my new tutorial: visual basic 6 revisited – linux – wine
Get past with your life on Windows, install Microsoft Visual Basic 6 on GNU/Linux with some good old wine…
- Install the required libs, etc.
$ winetricks ddr=gdi vb6run gecko gdiplus fontfix d3dx9 corefonts mdac_typ dcom98
- From a working Windows XP installation, copy over riched20.dll, riched32.dll, urlmon.dll, oleaut32.dll, and hhctrl.ocx, from the system32 folder to your wine system32 folder
- In your Wine configuration dialog, under the Libraries tab,
set the following files to native:
And set these to builtin:
- Do a fresh install of IE6 with ies4linux, click on Advanced and edit the downloads and the install prefix to make it totally compatible with your existing .wine directory.
- Then run the Visual Basic 6 installer, and if everything goes well, cd to .wine/drive_c/windows/system32 and execute “wine regsvr32 comcat.dll” and “wine regsvr32 MSSTDFMT.DLL”
And your done! Have fun with Visual Basic on Linux!
Tested with wine 1.1.38 and Fedora Constantine(F12)